We want to ensure that you have a pleasant time on our platform. If you decide to register an account with us, we will have to store some data to keep track of your account and your details. Your privacy is very important to us, so we will always process your personal data with the utmost care.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Kurozora respects your privacy, It is your data after all. Your privacy comes first for Kurozora, as such Kurozora will always:
- Be Transparent: Kurozora will clearly explain what data is processed and for what purpose it is used.
- Keep you Safe: Kurozora secures your data properly and only uses them for its own services. Kurozora will not share your data with third parties unless your explicit permission is given.
- Give you Control: Kurozora gives you the option to be forgotten and removed from its entire infrastructure. You can request this by reaching out to an administrator.
- Stay Innovative: Kurozora will always strive to improve its infrastructure to protect your data even better, and we are always open to suggestions from our community.
What personal information we collect and use?
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
What personal information we collect
- When you create a Kurozora ID, connect to our services, contact us including by social media or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information, and profile information where the contact is via social media.
- When you share your content with family and friends using Kurozora services, send gift certificates, or invite others to participate in Kurozora services or feeds, Kurozora may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, email address, and phone number. Kurozora will use such information to fulfil your requests, provide the relevant service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Kurozora’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don't want to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our users and our services.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of Kurozora ID account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Kurozora, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Kurozora’s products, services, and user communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Source of your personal information where they are not collected from you
We may have received your personal information from other persons if that person has shared their content with you using Kurozora products, sent gift codes, or invited you to participate in Kurozora services or feeds.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following is an example of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Kurozora’s websites, online services, interactive applications, and email messages may use
If you want to disable cookies check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the Kurozora website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
In some of our email messages, we use a
click-through URL linked to content on the Kurozora website. When users click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our user communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to users.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Kurozora may provide third parties with certain personal information to provide or improve our products and services, including to deliver products at your request, or to help Kurozora market to users. When we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws. Kurozora does not sell personal information, and personal information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. For example, when you register a Kurozora ID, you authorize Kurozora and the email delivery service to exchange your email address provided during the registration process to carry out service, such as sending an activation link. If you are approved for service, your account will be governed by Kurozora and the email delivery service’s respective privacy policies.
It may be necessary —by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence— for Kurozora to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. This could include providing information to public or governmental authorities. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Kurozora takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Kurozora applications and online services protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). When your personal data is stored by Kurozora, we use computer systems with limited access. User passwords are always encrypted and are not readable by anyone —not even a full-access administrator.
When you use some Kurozora products, services, or applications or post on a Kurozora feed, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a feed message, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
If you log on to a device that is owned by a third party, your personal information —including email address, location, and service specific information— may be downloaded on to that third-party device thereby disclosing any such shared information.
We do our very best to protect your data as much as we can. However, as with any other infrastructure, we cannot be 100% bulletproof. This is why we cannot guarantee that our servers will never be breached. In the case of a data-leak or server breach, we will do our best to inform every single affected user as soon as possible.
The Existence of Automated Decision-Making, Including Profiling
Kurozora does not take any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affect you.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
To provide location-based services on Kurozora products, Kurozora and our partners and licensees, such as maps data providers, may collect, use, and share precise location data. Where available, Kurozora uses existing platform APIs for location-based services. These APIs may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices' approximate location.
We may also use a third party provider,
IP Info, to resolve your IP address to a geographical location. We have picked
- Approximate city
- Approximate region
- Approximate coordinates (latitude/longitude)
We may, for example, use geographical locations to determine where a sign in session was created. Location based information is removed as soon as it is no longer in use, for example, when a session has expired or you explicitly signed out of your account.
We also keep track of IP addresses that have made failed login attempts. We do this to temporarily
block IP addresses from logging in once they have done this too many times.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Kurozora websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties —for example, a third‑party email service.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Email: [email protected]
Copyright © 2018-now Kurozora. All rights reserved.